Can I Play Roulette Online Worldwide?
When you think casino, no game springs to mind as often as roulette and at Lottomart Games we give international players the best options for recreating that experience online, for real money, whenever it suits you.
It doesn't matter if your preference is for European or American, or whether you like your spin of a wheel in lightning form or enjoyed live, we've got the best selection of real money online roulette titles around the world for you to choose from. We also have innovative spins on the classic casino game thrown in, so there's even more ways to win on this iconic game.
An introduction to online roulette
If this is your first time playing roulette online, then it won't take you long to work out how to play and see why this has been one of the most popular casino options internationally, online and offline for years. The games' structure is beautifully simple:
- Things get under way with the croupier inviting you to place your bets on the table. There are various betting choices available to you which we'll cover below, but simply put, you need to try and predict the number, colour or section of the wheel the spinning ball will land on.
- Each table will have minimum and maximum bet amounts clearly stated before you start playing, so you'll know the limits you need to work within, whether your selection is 'Red' (You win if the ball lands on any of the red segments of the wheel) or 'red seven' (You win if the ball lands on the red coloured, number 7 segment).
- The croupier will then spin the roulette wheel and once it's whizzing around, they will release the ball onto the wheel. Shortly after this point, the croupier will announce 'No more bets' and at this point, you can no longer make any more selections for the upcoming round.
- The ball eventually settles into one of the segments of the wheel and at that point, if you successfully predicted the outcome, then you're a winner!
- Payouts vary based on the difficulty of the prediction you have made. For example, if you selected 'Odd' or 'Even' then you clearly stand a pretty good chance of being correct and if you're correct, you'll be paid out at 1:1 on your original bet. However, if you made a successful prediction on the exact number which the ball landed on, then your return will be much greater at 35:1.
- For example, If you staked £2 on 'Red', and £1 on 'Red 30' and the ball landed on 'Red 30', then you would win £35 for selecting the correct number and £2 for selecting the correct colour, meaning total winnings of £37.
- The bet options and odds will vary depending on which game you're playing and in some versions, like Evolution Gaming's 'Lightning Roulette', the payouts can be multiplied by up to 500x, so there are opportunities for hitting some major wins!
What are the Online Roulette Bet Options and Odds?
Most people will have a set of favourite bets or numbers that they believe bring them luck, but the odds and size of your payout will vary depending on the bet type you place. The style of online roulette you play will mean the odds on specific bet type will vary from game to game, but these can all be found on the game information page or they are clearly displayed within the games. A standard summary of your bet options are listed below alongside the odds you'll likely see for a correction selection:
- Red or Black - correctly predict the colour the ball lands on. Paid out at 1:1.
- Odd or Even - correctly predict if the number the ball lands on will be odd or even. Paid out at 1:1.
- High or Low - bet on whether the ball will land on a number between 1-18 or on a number between 19-36. Paid out at 1:1.
- Dozens - correctly guess whether the ball will settle on a number in the range of 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. If you have correctly picked the right third of the roulette wheel you will be paid out at 2:1.
- Single number - Select the correct single number that the ball lands on. Paid out at 35:1.
- Split - If you place your chip on 2 adjacent numbers and the ball lands on one of the 2 digits you have selected, you will be paid out at odds of 17:1.
- Street - If you have placed your chip to cover 3 successive numbers on the same line and the ball lands on one of your selections, you will be settled at odds of 11:1.
- Corner - If you place your chip on the corner that joins 4 numbers and the ball successfully drops onto one of the numbers you have covered, then you will be paid out at odds of 8:1.
What is the difference between American and European Roulette?
Whether you're playing American or European roulette, you're still simply trying to guess where the ball will settle when the wheel stops spinning. However, the composition of the roulette wheel does differ whether you're playing on the European version popular in the casinos of Monte Carlo or the American version you'll find on the Las Vegas strip.
American roulette wheels contain a zero and a double zero on the wheel, whereas the European online roulette game only contains a single, green zero segment. This change means that the RTP (Return to Player %) changes from 97.3% for the European version to 94.74% in American Roulette spins on the game.
What Are The Benefits of Live Online Roulette?
One of the great thrills of playing roulette in a physical casino is sharing the enjoyment of your wins with the rest of the table and building up some rapport with the croupier. If that's part of what you enjoy, then live dealer roulette now brings to the online casino world. At Lottomart Games International, we have a couple of varieties of live dealer roulette for you to try, both from the market leading live games operator Evolution Gaming.
Immersive Roulette is based on the European version of the game and contains all the features experienced roulette players would expect to see and has the addition of a live-chat function that means you can chat away with other players at the table or have some friendly back and forth with the croupier while you play.
Lightning Roulette also offers the same great feature, but this version of the game comes with some extra excitement for our international players! Payouts on this game can be multiplied by up to 500x, so not only could you celebrate your wins with some new friends you could all get lucky together with some huge enhanced payouts!
Play Online Roulette at Lottomart Games
Do you have a set of lucky numbers ready to go? Well you could be spinning and winning at Lottomart Games, where we're offering new worldwide customers a 100% deposit match bonus up to US$1200 + 15 free lotto bets across 3 deposits (18+, terms apply).